Gary Blackburn, DC, DACBOH, DACRB, FAFS
CCSP, CCEP, CSCS, FRS (FR, FRC, FRA), Functional Neurology
My hope is for you to have long-term quality of life. If I am part of your health care team, I will bring my 20 + years of constant study to the table every time. I know what it is like to NOT feel like I want to from injuries, time, gravity, stress, pressure, and genetics. I will analyze your movement, your brain, and your body to come up with a plan to feel better, move better and function better.
- Doctor of Chiropractic: Practicing since 1995 (DC)
- Diplomate of Occupational Health and Applied Ergonomics (DACBOH)
- Certified Chiropractic Sports and Extremity Practitioner (CCSP-CCEP)
- NSCA – Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist: (CSCS)
- Fellow of Applied Functional Sciences (FAFS)
- Gray Institute: Certification in Applied Functional Sciences (CAFS)
- Certified in Functional Manual Reaction (FMR)
- Functional Release Conditioning – Movement Specialist ( FRCms )
- Functional Soft-Tissue Release: Whole Body – ( FR )
- Bio. / C.V. – Partner: Official Team Chiropractors of the Detroit Lions (2002-2007)
- Chiropractic Consultant – Detroit Tigers (2006). Relocated to Seattle area (2007)
Degree NameFAFS, FMR Field Of StudyApplied Functional Sciences – Functional Manual Reaction
Applied Functional Scientist. Occupational Ergonomist. Gray Institute Instructor.
Functional Optimization is at the core of all I do. People + Performance = Productivity.
A Fellow of Applied Functional Science® (FAFS) is one who successfully completes GIFT, a 40-week mentorship program delivered by Gray Institute, the “Authentic Source of Applied Functional Science®.”
A FAFS demonstrates the confidence and competence in the Principles-Strategies-Techniques Process of Applied Functional Science®. A FAFS is also one that gains certification in Functional Manual Reaction® (FMR). This means that the FAFS has the knowledge, analytical ability, and hands-on manual skills necessary for the understanding, application, and integration of the Core Content of the GIFT Curriculum.
Life Chiropractic College West
Degree NameDC Field Of StudyDoctor of Chiropractic
Dates attended or expected graduation 1990 – 1994
University of Michigan
Dates attended or expected graduation 1989 – 1990
US Army: Academy of Health and Sciences
Field Of StudyCombat Medical Specialist
Dates attended or expected graduation 1987 – 1988